Sleeping too much?
My son is a week old-& the first few days he would sleep 2 hours then wake up to eat. Now he tends to wanna sleep more. The most hes slept is 4 hours. The doc says he shouldnt be sleeping more than 2-3 hours because he needs to eat. So iKeep having to wake him, anyone else having this issue??
Every baby, just like every adult, is unique. If your baby is healthy, I would not disturb his sleep. He may be one of those who takes in larger meals at one feeding. I think you will find, though, that in a couple of weeks, he will be wanting to eat almost constantly. This marathon continues for about three weeks. At least, that was my experience with three of my four babies.
My Baby girl is 9 days old and has been doing the same thing and it is hard to wake her up I worry about it but the doc is telling me the same wake her every 2 hrs to eat although sometimes i will wait till 3 or 4 hrs before disturbing her and when I do that she ends up eating almost 4oz instead of the usual 2 so either way she is still eating the same amount so i dont think its anything to get very concerned about unless your little one isnt getting enough to eat