First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
Tip $$ for doula?

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

Tip $$ for doula?

Hello New Moms! Of you that hired a doula/birth assistant, did you provide a tip $$ in addition to her regular fee?  If so what was the amount or percentage?    In my particular case, my doula attended 1 1/2 hours of my labor and delivery.  She helped me avoid petocin, epidural, and all other interventions so that I could have a natural child birth at the hospital (what I wanted). Not sure if a tip is appropriate or even standard in this particular professional industry.
Tags: doula, tip
Wow you had a short labor. I am a Midwife and I would say no tip is necessary since it was such a short time but it's completely up to you. Congrats on a natural birth!
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources