Blank
Tongue fungal infection.
The pediatrician said my 2 month old has a fungal infection on his tongue. She prescribed this'd dictation I put in his mouth 4 times a day. Poor thing hates it and gags to the point of throwing up. Anyone else have this issue with their LO. Did the doc end up giving another type of med?
Cancel
3 Answers
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1422814 tn?1333573302
Did the pediatrician say what the fungus was? Is it thrush?? That's the most common of mouth infections at that age. Are you breastfeeding? If so, a baby's tongue is naturally coated in the white milk fats. Hope the pediatrician isn't confused.
Comment
Cancel
1422814 tn?1333573302
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes, unfortunately it's thrush. It doesn't come off when I tried to wipe it. I am breast feeding and have been quite itchy as well. I ended up getting a new prescription for gentian violet. He'll look like the purple people eater for a week or so but it's better than fungus mouth. :) she also suggested I put canesten cream on my breast after each feed. It has started to help, thank goodness!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1422814 tn?1333573302
Oh no! Yeah, the trick is to keep from passing it back and forth during feedings. Sounds like you got it under control. i hope both of you get better soon.
Comment
Cancel
1422814 tn?1333573302
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources