Who here....
was still in maternity clothes after bby? It's been 5 weeks since I had my daughter and I know the weight wont fall right off but I'm so scared to buy clothes cause I don't know when I'll stop losing this weight or gaining. ugh.
I'm so sick of my maternity clothes! HELP any advise?
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
973741 tn?1342346373
After I had my first child, this was the most irritating thing!  I thought you had the baby and wa la, skinny stomach again.  I remember thinking of packing my normal clothes for the hospital to go home in but thank goodness my sister made it clear I wouldn't wear those for a while.  LOL

It did take me a while too.  At about 3 months with my first child, I started to really lose the weight.  I started exercising again at that point which helped.  

When I had my second?  Hm.  Well, I've never gotten back to my pre baby size.  Boo hoo.  I was very thin before kiddos and wore like a 2.  That's too skinny, right?  (say yes please).  My foot also grew a half inch or so when I had kids.  That was the worst thing . . .   my fab shoe collection no longer fit!  

I would say to just put your daughter in a stroller and start going for some brisk walks.  Eat healthy (sometimes I over compensated for breast feeding and felt like I 'deserved' that huge plate of pasta. ) and try to eat everything in moderation.

It will come off.  You are probably a lot younger than me when I had my kids.  That will really help you out!!

good luck (and I'm sure you look great.  You have that special new mommy glow!)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1999115 tn?1332268924
I just wore yoga pants and sweatpants throughout my pregnancy. and I bought cute tops that were flowy enough to cover the belly, but so I'd still beable to wear them afterward. maternity clothes are too expensive :/
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My baby is 10 weeks old and I am still losing weight. I gained WAY TOO MUCH during my pregnancy, reminding myself "I can lose it later." Well, I gained a total of almost 100 lbs, I am only down 30. I wear flowing maxi dresses with short sleeve sweaters or yoga pants with boxy, oversized t-
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Tshirts. * ha.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
@ specialmom you and I were about the same size prebaby.
I actually went through all my clothes yesterday held up my old size 1 pants and said holy $#!+. I couldn't believe I fit those. Haha
I decided to donate them all. dh doesn't understand no matter how much I work out my hips will never be that small again :-(  they.spread WAY far. And my feet to have grown thank goodness I was never a shoe person. You can't out grow sun glasses. :-)  I gained over 60 lbs. I was 102 before prego now I seen to be haulting at around 140! I've been going to the gym and have also been,walking like,a crazy woman. (I did this before I had her to I'm guessing that's why labor was short) I just need stuff to wear to find a job now.
@mommytobe I got mine at Ross for super cheap! Only spent like 80 dollars and got everything I needed to wear while prego including bigger bras which to no longer fit. It seems as if my boobies have shrunk. :-( even from before bby.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1868604 tn?1346462262
I did lose all the baby weight by week 2 but I only gained 21 pounds. Now the rest of the fat were here from before so I don't see them melting away even with breast feeding. Guess I will have to exercise for real :p
But I still wear all my maternity legging. They are super comfty :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources