First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
baby fell

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

baby fell

Saturday afternoon my 5 month old daughter feel out of her hairchair while my husband was taking her out. It is about 2.5 feet from the ground and we have hard tile on our floor.

She cried for ten minutes and I calmed her down. She ate her dinner after she was calm and took a 20 min nap ( her normal nap)
I called the triage nurse and explained everything and she said to keep an eye out for her pupils, not eating, vomiting and tiredness.

At night my daughter played and ate 7 oz before bed. I stirred her every two hours to make sure she was breathing.
She woke up at 440 am and at her bottle at 5. She has been playing smiling and eating normal.

what worries me is there is  Black and blue and only a slight bump.

I am so afraid of a brain bleed.

Nurse said she should be fine if she show no symptoms. I called the nurse Sunday as well and she said the saem things. Monday i called to make appointment with my doctors for today.

I am a worried wreck and feel like the world worst parent.

I took her to see the pediatric doctor today , who said she looks and seems fine. Good tone, softspot felt good pupil good and ears good. He said that if she starts showing any symptoms to take her to urgent care.

but i am still worried,
Any suggestions or advice
correction

NO black and blue or bump
anyone have advice?
I'd say that if you sought medical attention and they said that she is fine, then I wouldn't worry.
If she's fine and acting normal then I wouldn't worry about it. She would show signs if there was bleeding or even a concussion. It's ok...accidents happen. That noggin is going to get many bumps and bruises to come!
You are a good parent - you are watching her closely, and are doing the right thing, and have done everything possible for her.

If something were wrong with your child, she would not eat, drink, sleep, and would not act normal.

Babies are amazing - they are not as fragile as we would think.

Good job, and it sounds like she is doing well!
Thank you ladies...

It's been a week so I hope we are out of the weeds and into te clear :)
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources