First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
constant cough
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

constant cough

My 9-month old daughter has had a constant hack for the past few months.  Coughing almost uncontrollably at night for a few minutes every few hours.  Her pediatrician stated that this is normal and it is too early for allergies to be a consideration.  We were advised that as long as the congestion does not travel to her chest everything will be fine and this is part of having a baby.  Per the doctor’s recommendation we use a cool mist humidifier, baby Vicks at night, saline and booger suction.  This all helps of course, but the hack always comes back.  Baby is happy and at a healthy weight, so that much is good, but how long does this last?  Our baby is in daycare, which doesn’t help matters as my understanding is that viruses are traded like stocks.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Have any advice? .
535822_tn?1389452880
It is a possibility that it may be allergies, so when he thinks she is old enough maybe have some tests done, I do know there are many coughs around this last year and no one has any explanation.I think it maybe environmental   I had one for over a year it has just eased off somewhat , I put mine down to the aerial spraying they are doing in all areas.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...