feeding at ten weeks
hi all, im LOVING being a mummy my lil boy is the true love of my life, i have been expressing to feed since he was born and i look yo continue for as long as I can with him. Today i was eating an apple and he -Jacob smiled at me as always my heart melted and i gave him a big kiss, Jacob started lickibg his lips and making noises .... it was the flavour of the apple fron my kiss so i cut a big chunk fir him to have a suck and he LOVED it!!! my question is is it safe?! Thank you all xxxx
I wouldnt do it at 10 weeks , it was probably just a slurp but he doesnt need it ,when he is a few months, older he can have some solid foods, my personal feeling is no not yet ..it wont have hurt him though ..good luck he sounds adorable
hiya thanks for reply, hes not actualy eating the apple hes only licking and sucking more exploring it whist i hold the chunk of apple. breast milk al the way so far!!! lol i wont give him anymore just incase. xxxx
I agree with margypops not so,much because they don't need it but because you never know what bby can be allergic to. It's a lot harder for an infant to over come something like that when so young. But it indeed won't hurt him if he's no allergic. Just unneeded. :-)  I can't wait til my daughter is,old enough to give food to either. I'm excited to see what she'll like and what she won't hahs
Even the juices he'd get from sucking on the apple chunk isn't good. His little belly isn't developed enough to be able to handle anything but breast milk or formula.
I know and I bet he loved the taste ..wait till you are giving him new taste from the little jars or making your own, which is very satisfying and you know what they are getting ..all you need is a liquidizer, I found they love sweet potatoes, pears, carrots..they dont like the green stuff...beans, etc Pears seem to be easier on their little tums than apple .I used to mix some apple/pear puree up with the cereal , and pear juice is nice ...They scrunch up their little faces when they dont like a taste ...
I am not so sure that is true. In preparation for weaning (I weaned three of my four at six months) I started a couple of things early - just small tastes. I can't see that licking an apple is a problem. And the joy on his face must have been a treat.