First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
not showing yet

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

not showing yet

Hi I'm 14 Weeks today and barely showing at all... I'm very petite and stand about 5'6..  Kinda worried any ideas why its taking so long?
Congratulations , dont be worried  it varies very often moms who are a bit overweight show quickly and slim folks often  dont ..you will with in the next month get that bump LOl also in a month or so may feel babies first move , always exciting .How are you feeling getting nauseas?
Thank you. And I'm all done feeling nauseated. It comes back every now and then. But thank you I feel a little better now.
Every person is different my mom didn't start showing with me until the last 3 months. When she went into labor they thought she was only 3 to 4 months pregnant
I had my daughter the end of December and I didn't begin to show until the end of September. I am petite as well and only 5'2"
I'm also 14 weeks & was also worried because I'm not really showing. I thought my babies weren't gaining any weight. When I asked my doctor he also said it varies & not to be too concerned with weight gain, its still early. I thought since I'm very petite I should be showing sooner with twins.
and probably the twins are smaller at this stage ..cheer up you will very big soon enough ...Congratulations on having twins ..you will have great fun ..
Thanx :)
My best friend was five feet tall and weighed 99 pounds. When she got pregnant we expected to have to put her in a wheelchair. As it happened she did not have to wear maternity clothes until the seventh month. I never could figure out where she hid that baby. I was five feet five and 115 pounds. When I got pregnant I popped out almost immediately. By five months people would smile at me and say, "Any day now."

You get the idea.

Oh, I remember wanting to show so bad with my first pregnancy.  I checked every day.  It too a really long time.   I'd been a work out hound back then and had tight tummy muscles.  Finally, it popped and then there was no stopping things.  I went from no one really noticing I was pregnant to looking like I was about to deliver any minute.  I actually wore maternity pants before i needed them by pinning them.  

This was really funny to me when I showed at about 8 weeks with my second child.   By then the novelty of wanting to show had worn way off and those maternity clothes were staring me in the eye as unwanted guests for the next several months.

Be patient.  You'll show and it will be wonderful!!  Enoy wearing your 'normal' clothes while you can.  peace and luck to you.
This is my first pregnancy also .. im 19 weeks and barley showing.
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources