postpartum (sorry if its TMI)
well I had my baby girl on 10/17/12 & I was just curious about the bleeding/discharge thing. im still using the squirt bottle the hospital gave me and I had a natural birth with only 2nd degree tears. well what im assuming is tge stitches burns like no end when I go still and althpugh the bleeding has stopped there is still a yellowy brown discharge and a pretty bad smell that im embaressed about cuz if I cN smell it im sure my fiance can. Is this normal and how long can it last? or should I call my OB and see about goin in before the 6 week checkup?
awww congratulations on the birth of your baby I am sure you are both feeling so happy .The discharge is very normal and all mommas get it, it will cease soon , just explain to the babies dad that it is a normal thing and wont be forever .Did the Doc tell you about cleaning the area .?If it continues on ask him to take a look to make sure all is healing well ...good luck let us know how you and baby  are doing
Most women experience discharge, but the strong smell is worth checking out.  Although not likely, an infection is possible, and it's always best to err on the side of caution.  If you are concerned, do give your OB a call.  Congrats on your little one, and all the best to you.
awoow congrats!!!! The dicharge is normal and as well as the semell but if it is so strong you must check with your Dr. use the botlle for healing of your stiches pure some warm water in bath and put a spoon full salt sit there for 10 mins it really helps with smell and healing and geting infaction
i had my baby son 23/9/12 and had some smell too but it was not that strong and my hubby had no problem with it
sorrry not geting infaction
thanks ladies, the smell is still there but not as bad now and im not as worried. I am noticing though if one thing dosnt hurt something else does. any idea.how long till the body starts getting back to normal? the cramps are killer and my pain med dosnt help at all with em.
everybody is difrent as my experince my body got back to normal in 7 weeks i hope you get better sooner