First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
they messed up

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

they messed up

So at my son's six month appointment I was told that my son had adhesions on his penis due to the hospital not doing his circumcision correctly. if it does not correct it's self then he would need a corrective procedure.
when I told family about the situation they told me that I would need to take action and hold the hospital accountable by taking them to court.
What do you think?
Yes they are correct cause the hospital shouldnt do it wrong its there fult and go for it take them to cort i would
I have not heard of adhesions being a result of an inncorectly done circumsion. I kno of adhesions being from failure to regularly retract the foreskin. With circumsision most foreskin is removed, however the skin should still be retracted to prevent the open skin from the surgery to re-attach to the incorect location. Have you been regularly retracting theskin with every diaper change? I do not believe this is the hospitals fault. Im a pediatric RN.
I have been doing so. But the way the doctor explained it to me was that they did something wrong.That's what got me so worried
Can the doctor be more specific? Maybe your son had a partial circumcision to preserve some benefits of a foreskin and this is mistaken as being incorrect surgery. Or something did go wrong. It is hard to tell how you could proceed legally. Can you get a third opinion?

On another note: my feeling is, for the sake of your baby`s well-being, I would not expose him to more surgery. There is always an option or at least hope to soften and loosen adhesions later on with the same steroid cream that uncircumcised boys or men can use to improve tight foreskin.

I survived years of varying medical opinions, pushing for circumcison and am glad I could protect my son from this whole extra-bucks surgery madness. Our babies have years and years to grow and if I have learned one thing: most issues resolve themselves.
My son also had adhesion and the pediatrician actually gently help relieve them. He gave me a steroids cream to take home and told me during a warm bath pull the skin back. I agree with shannonbrien it is from not retracting the skin which I didn't know I was supposed to do. I also agree with trailandor Sorry If spelled wrong.

The doctor showed me how to better properly care for my son. I felt like a horrible mom for not even asking in the first place.
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources