Fish & Aquatic Pets Community
Birds keep killing my koi!!!!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your fish & aquatic pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Birds keep killing my koi!!!!

Does anyone know how to keep the birds away (aside from using a shot gun) from my pond? I've lost two koi in 3 weeks. The worst thing about it is, they don't even eat them...it's like they try and fly away with them, and then realize the fish is too heavy and drop it. We've tried putting one of those "scarecrow" owls out there, but they're not afraid of it. We also don't want to put anything over the pond that will take away from the beauty of it! Thanks!
Tags: garden, Work
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I seen ultrasonic bird repellants that you put up and its supposed to keep birds away. I dont know if they'd work but I'd thought I'd send you a suggestion :)
Blank
Oooo...thanks! I'm gonna look 'em up right now!
Blank
162489_tn?1189759431
Hi, you can get a device called "the scarecrow" you attach your garden hose to the back of it and you only need a small battery to make it work.  It covers a range of 35 x 40ft and squirts a few cupfulls worth of water all over that area.  They are fantastic and we sold a load of them in our shop.

They scare away anything larger than a small garden bird and they can be turned off at the back so you don't get sprayed to. They are about
Blank
Thanks for the info!
Blank
Couple of questions.
What sort of birds are taking the fish?
What type of pond do you have, is it a natural sort of pond at ground level or the type that is raised above with a wall aroung it?
Blank
We're not sure...we think it's some sort of crow...and the pond is raised like a flower bed..
Blank
if u havent solved the probleme already u could try to put up some bird feeders close to your pond so they will eat the seeds instead of your fish
or sunflowers or some plants that atract bugs then they will then to
u should try to look up the bird on google or a bird website
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fish & Aquatic Pets Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979