Fish & Aquatic Pets Community
My Family is Now 2 Fish Smaller

This forum is for questions and support regarding your fish & aquatic pets!

My Family is Now 2 Fish Smaller

Five years ago a friend of mine gave me a gag gift for Christmas.  I nearly flooded my Mustang in one of our major flood events that Fall.  One alternator later and it was up and running again.  Mr. Smartarse neighbor presented me with a small goldfish bowl with a model Mustang trenched in the gravel and 2 tiny feeder goldfish swimming in the bowl.  Har-de-har-har.  :-/  He knew me well enough to know I could never just flush those fish, so they went from the bowl, to a 10 gallon tank to a 47 gallon full-blown aquarium.  

Fred and Wilma reached 7" long about a year ago and obviously outgrew the tank so I had to find them a new home.  Today they went to a huge koi/ goldfish pond in front of a commercial office.  The landscape manager was delighted to take them in and they will be pampered pets for the rest of their lives in a climate well-suited to them.  Guess I'll have to scout around for something else for the tank now.  It's too lonely!
Tags: goldfish
Yay!  What a happy story!  I am so glad to hear someone properly caring for "disposable" "feeder" fish!