Oscar Sick
Hello. I have a 2-3in tiger oscar that I had just bought from a pet store, it looked healthy at the store, but after coming back and putting it in a 55 gallon tank, after one day the oscars top half started to change colors , he still eats and is active, and i treated him with coppersafe thinking it was a parasite. his top half turned grey and his fins look a bit damaged and he sometimes tilts a little bit sideways when he swims (btw i dont think its fin rot since i don't think fin rot changes the color of a fish, unless he has fin rot and something else) .. he lives with 2 other fish that the place i bought from recommended as tank mates, they seem to be fine and only fight a little bit. Could it be a fungus or just stress from the other fish.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
try treating your tank once a week with stress coat.  when i worked in the fish dept of a store and we got fish deliveries, i would treat the tanks before the new fish arrived with the stress coat and acquarium salt.  a lot of our came in sick cause they had such a travel.  we went from a lot of dead fish returns to as little as 7 a week.  it really helped.  also, keep a check of your ph and alkaline levels.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fish & Aquatic Pets Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank