Fish & Aquatic Pets Community
Sick tiger oscar?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your fish & aquatic pets!

Sick tiger oscar?

Good day!  A brief history pertaining to this Oscar.  Earlier this year I picked up two from a private owner. They measured approx 4".  I added them to my 125 gallon tank consisting of a larger tiger oscar and assorted cichlids.  All got along and the oscars were eating shrimp pellets and jumbo krill.  Hurricane Sandy came and turned my 125 tank into a "dead zone". I lost 34 assorted fish.  I was able to save all 3 oscars and place them in a 55 gal tank which I had set up as an extra tank under the 125 tank.  In the following days, the larger oscar and one of the picked up two had died.  I cleaned out the 125 tank and set it up again placing all surviving fish from the 55 gallon within the 125 gallon tank including the surviving tiger oscar.  Now this oscar is the only oscar in the tank, with convicts, and plecos, I see a behavior change.  It swims back and forth repeatedly, the color was bright, now it is dull, does not eat shrimp pellets for it spits them out.  It would eat a jumbo krill once, maybe twice and spit out half chewed after that. At time it would shake itself above the bottom rock level.This Oscar now measures 8".  I believe it is a female because it was smaller
in size compared to the second it came with.  I am curious what could be wrong with it.  Thank you.