Fish & Aquatic Pets Community
Urgent dying Oscar

This forum is for questions and support regarding your fish & aquatic pets!

Urgent dying Oscar

7815766?1333074738
My Oscar has been sick for about a month now, it first started with his not swimming around as much and loosing his color. He had 3 little cuts on his head that have grown from being reopened by him hitting the top of the tank so often, and they havnt healed, jus gotten worse. he also breathes VERY heavily. if done eveything people have told me to do for hole in head, i clean the tank every 3 days, i made the temp in the tank higher, i feed him natural food sorce more often ( thawed out blood worms) and i changed back to the old filters. After changing back to the new filters he seemed to be getting better. but theses past two weeks his cuts are getting bigger and gross looking and he is layin in the bottom of the tank in ahole he dug. he is also shaking like he is cold. I really need help I would really hate to loose this oscar. I also have an alge eater as a tank mate, that tend to pester him alot, is that a factor? I took photos of his cuts and how large he is. ive had him for 10 months adn he has been fine til the 9 1/2 half month mark came around.