Fish & Aquatic Pets Community
please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding your fish & aquatic pets!

please help

my very sensitive 9 year old daughter had a fish tank for her birthday in mid dec,  we did all of the things wee were told to do like leave the tank for a week then add a plant then leave another week before adding fish,  on sunday we had the water tested and bought her her first fish 3 platys. they died by bed time.  we then went back and had the water re tested, all was fine,  we were told to leave it another 24 hours then get some more fish.   that was today again 3 platys.  2 are dead and one is not looking too clever.  i dont know what we are doing wrong.    i could honestly sit and cry she will wake in the morning to an empty fish tank.  it is a 30l cold water tank and we have not fed the fish yet as per instruction.    any ideas i am one tired stressed mum who cant fix this
thankyou
Some fish don't actually do well in tanks like this, my friend had a fish which he kept in a jug filled with tap water, this fish lived for four years and is still alive now, while my other friend had a fish and bought a tank like you and set it up perfectly and it died just like yours did.
Try taking all the water out the tank and replacing it with tap water, and getting a water filter but make sure its got a guard on it, if your adding plants add only the ones that the fish have in the tanks with them in the pet shop. Some plants can kill certain types of fish.