sick tiger oscar
I have a male and female tiger oscar about 3 years old and two Plecos the same age. They are in a 50 gal tank. I just recently removed one pleco because he was dying from something. He had white bactieria looking stuff on him. It almost looked like he was growing mold. He was staying alive and improved as I changed the water. But took a turn for the worse tonight. I noticed my male oscar has some of the white stuff on him. They look like little flakes all over his scales. Behavior is normal with the oscar. My other pleco appears to be acting sick, laying on side...not moving much like the one I removed.

This is the first problem I have had with fish sickness since I have had them. They have all been doing fine even when the water had been overdue from cleaning. My oscars have even laid eggs 4 times and I have had some offspring survive. Does anybody have a diagnosis or know if this sounds critical?

Dew395
Your fish have a parsite called Ich. It is a common parasite affecting all kinds of fish. It is usually caused by poor water quality or stressed out fish whose immune system have weakened. Don't add quemicals to the water just yet. Here is a good treatment I found when my husband's Oscars were infsted with this parasite:

Heat/Salt Therapy

Slowly bring your temperature up to 84-86 F (28-30 C) over a period of 24 hours being careful to watch for signs of stress.

Add extra aeration as raising the temp depletes oxygen levels (lowering your water level 1 inch in the tank and let your HOB do the trick or adding an air stone will aid in this)

Adding salt – recommended dosages (Aquarium, rock, kosher salt are all great salts…as long as it is not ionized)
1 tbls for every 5 gals.
Or
1 tbls for every 10 gals. If you have more sensitive fish like scale less or very young fish.
Dissolve the salt in a container of tank water and slowly add this over a period of a few hours watching for any signs of stress that some fish may show.

Perform water changes every 2-3 days only adding the salt that you would remove in the water change.  Example: remove 20 gals of water only add back 4 tbls of salt. If using the 1 tbls. For every 5 gals.

Length of treatment 14-21 days.  

I would suggest that you start monitoring your water temperature and quality more carefully. You may have had a thousand Oscars before, but no two fish are the same. It may be one of your plecos has a weak immune system but it can also be poor water quality. Also, 50 gallons is relatively small for two Oscars and pleco fish. It is recommended that you have one Oscar in a 30 gal tank, so it'd be 30 gallons per Oscar. Space can also be a potential problem. My husband has a 120 gal tank but he has ONE flowerhorn in there...ridiculous. The fish is too aggressive to have other fish there. Have you had flowerhorns?
One more thing, if the sick fish is the one in the picture, be aware that such fish is NOT a tiger Oscar. The fish in the picture looks more like a Managuense, to me. My husband had tiger Oscars. Look at the link below:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/images/thumbimg/650/2387_21.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/photo-main.php/2067&usg=__DNN58xariFt3bNnLbufSxyY5d78=&h=375&w=500&sz=59&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=I6pySfCcDHisBM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtiger%2BOscars%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
I agree with PrettyKitty1, that is not an Oscar.  I would return the fish to the store and tell them they sold you the wrong fish.  But like most people, wrong fish or not, you might already be attached to this fish.  So please follow Kitty's instructions and your fish should be fine.