Fish & Aquatic Pets Community
unknown serious illness of 7yr oscar

This forum is for questions and support regarding your fish & aquatic pets!

unknown serious illness of 7yr oscar

Hi my name is chris.  I had two 7year old oscars 1 an albino and 1 a tiger. the tiger died 6 days ago,  he died so abruptly i didnt even see it coming, the albino is in serious trouble, it started after i removed the tiger who expired earlier that morning.  i found the albino lying on top of his love who was gone already,  i immediately did a 70% water change and scrubbed everything down with boiling water to kill anything on the decorations. after a day he started to sink to the bottom and just lye there not moving at all except for his gills,  i noticed a sore starting on his side, dead center of his side body muscle, i picked upE.M.  ERYTHROMYCIN a anti-bacterial med suggested by local fish store,1 day after introduction to meds fish started to get worse, i did everything, all the 30% changes and everything.  Now he hasn't moved in two day's from his spot on the bottom of the tank,  while lying on his good side you can see that the infection is now one quarter of his whole side infected,  scales have fell off and a white fuzz which i think is dead skin is floating off of it,  he looks like he can't move his tail or body.   I'm ready to help my little buddy out.  i think he is in pain and i've been selfish trying to keep him here.  is it time?,, im having a hard time letting him go, not knowing if it's his time or if he will pull out of it....  I have always kept a clean tank for my buddies,,   what do you think they got????
never mind he's gone.