Food Addiction / Sugar Addiction Expert Forum
7 weeks
About This Forum:

This forum is a place to ask questions about food additions and to find others who share your interest in the topic of food addiction.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

7 weeks

Hello I'm expecting my first born and i have no idea what to eat and what not to eat...i need help please.
1 Comment
Blank
2169060_tn?1337634832
Hi Andrea

I am not sure that I am the right phyacian for you to address this question. I think an obstetrician would be better to request a solid nutritional food plan for your pregnancy.

I can tell you though that eating sugars and refined flours is unnecessary and unhealthy, regardless of whether you are a food addict or not. You may be tempted to eat these foods, especially while you are pregnant. Odd food cravings and the belief that you 'are eating for two' may create the temptation to indulge in unhealthy eating.

Eating sugar while pregnant may predispose you to gestastional diabetes, or make that condition worse. You may gain excessive weight, which may put your baby at increased risk for obesity - at the time of birth (called macrosomia) or as he / she is growing up into adulthood.

Eating excess sugars and starches may also mean that you are not eating the necessary proteins and vegetables that will enrich the development of your baby while in utero.

Blank
This Forum's Experts
2169060_tn?1337634832
Vera Ingrid Tarman, MDBlank
Addictions Unplugged
Toronto,
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity