Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
2 toes turning purple on right foot

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

2 toes turning purple on right foot

within the last week my big toe and the toe next to my small one turned purple (a deep purple).  About 4-5 months ago I got off the couch and took 2 steps and my right calf got a shart pain (felt like a charlie horse).  I didn't pay much attention to it until my boyfriend noticed that the whole calf had bruised (it was already yellowing by the time it was noticed).  As mentioned above, my 2 toes (only) turned purple only on my right foot. I have been wearing 2 pairs of thick socks during the day and to bed.  I have soaked my foot in warm water with epsom salt.  The color purple is not as prominent but my toes do not turn back to normal color, you can still see the purple in them.  My doctor is requesting a doppler be done to see if there are any blockages (I guess???).  Wouldn't all the toes turn purple?  What could be the cause and will it eventually go away?
if you have a blockage in the smaller arteries, they can turn purple.
if the toes pink up in warm water, you may have raynaud's disease, which improves in warmer climates
follow up on the doppler scan to rule out clots.