Achilles tendon tingling/heel sensations
Last month I got a high ankle sprain from playing basketball, I had pain in my achilles tendon from it as well. Now when ever I lightly rub the my achilles tendon area with my hand, I get tingling down my achilles tendon to the bottom of my heel. I can put a sock on without feeling the tingling. It is just when I rub it. Also, whenever I kick my leg out, I get tingling sensations in the back of my heel area. Do you know what I have and how can I heal it. I have been resting for about 2 weeks and it hasn't gotten any better. Thanks
there is a nerve on the outer side of the achilles called the sural nerve.  when you have an injury to the achilles, the area swells and may affect the nerve.  a sock brace (called an Achimed) would be very helpful.  this brace has a silicone padding built into the sock to help support the achilles and decrease swelling.
i would go to a podiatrist to get one.
ice and anti-inflammatories can help too.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.