Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Ankle pops and brief pain

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Ankle pops and brief pain

Hello about 2 weeks ago The inside of my left foot "popped" and began to hurt like a sprain. After walking on it for a few minutes it was bearable but left me with a limp. Over the next few days it gradually got better, then all of a sudden it popped again and I experienced the same pain  but not as intense. So its been happening just like that once or twice a day for a little over 2 weeks. Now, It goes back to normal faster than the first time and the pain is not as bad as the first time. The pain is only on the inside of the foot right about about ankle height. If I had to illustrate it I would say it feels like a rubber band that pops out of place unexpectedly and after an hour or so my body puts it back in place and it begins to heal until I put to much strain on it and it pops out of place again. I don't have insurance so I am hoping to get some advise on how to treat this at home. I should add that I am a very heavy guy (400lbs+) and I know that has something to do with it but I need to get my ankle healed first. Thanks in advance!
sounds like your tendons are moving out of place.
i recommend supportive shoes and orthotics.  you can purchase otc brands like superfeet at most running stores.