Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Backwards Chronic Foot Pain

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Backwards Chronic Foot Pain

There's an odd pain across the center of my foot, going from the outer edge inward, that doesn't seem to be centralized at any point in that area. Kind of like a cross section of the foot about a 1/2 inch wide. I notice the pain, which is significant enough to cause limping, whenever I put weight on my foot. After about 5 minutes of walking around the pain goes away. If I take weight off of the foot for 10 or more minutes, the pain will return when I put pressure back on it again. There is no pain while I am not putting weight on the foot. This has persisted for about 5 weeks now. I did not drop anything on my foot, or do anything else to cause any obvious injury prior to the onset of the pain.
you may have a ligament strain to the midtarsal joints.
ice. take 600 mg ibuprofen every 6 hours for 3 days.  take it with food.
wear supportive shoes with orthotics, i like the brand superfeet.
if that doesn't work, get an xray taken of the feet.
A related discussion, foot pain was started.