Big toe fused now next toe slides under - help!
I have an arthrodesis (big toe joint fused) almost 5 months ago.  Most of the swelling is gone, but the foot still hurts a little to walk on (the whole point of surgery).  In the past month or two the 2nd toe has started to slide under the big toe when I walk.  At rest the toes are all in correct position.  My doctor gave me a toe splint to pull the toe back to position, but hey aren't I pulling a straight toe out of position (to the right) so it won't slide as much to the left and go under the big toe?  

Ugh, I fear being permanently crippled.  Is this a common side-effect?  A bad surgery?  Any ideas?

Thank you!
tape the 2nd toe to the 3rd and see if this will help keep it out of the way.  if this continues to sway under the big toe and it cont to bother you, get the 2nd toe straightened.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.