Bone chip question
I am 34 years old.  During my childhood, I injured my right ankle three different times, and at one point two bone chips could be seen on xray.  What I wondering is, what happens to those chips?  I ask because this past week I have been having intermident discomfort in my right foot near my ankle, and I can feel something "clicking" in there with my hand when I move my ankle around.  

My last injury was at age 19, so it has been quite some time.  Could it be a chip I am feeling moving in there, or likely something else (like tendons rubbing or something)?   It's not annoying enough to go to the doctor yet...

the clicking could be the tendons rubbing.  when you fracture a bone and a chip breaks off, it remains there in the tissue, unless it is close enough from the break to reattach.
sometimes, the chip may rub in the ankle joint and cause this sound as well.  if you continue to have pain, you may need to have the chip removed and have the joint "cleaned" of excess tissue that may have formed from the injury.
A related discussion, Can bone chips be treated by ultrasound waves? was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.