Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Bruising on Toes

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Bruising on Toes
My husband has purple bruising across his big toes.  This developed a month ago and he attributed this to a pair of boots he was wearing.  However, I noticed this morning that the bruising color is deeper and he has not worn those shoes since that time.  Of course he is not taking it seriously.  Can this be a symptom of a disorder? I am worried.
if the color is deepening, have him see a podiatrist to rule out infection and fractures.
if he has neuropathy (loss of sensation to the feet), he may not be aware of pain, and may be dismissing the possiblity of injury.