Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Bump on top of foot
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bump on top of foot

I have a very painful bump on the top of my foot.  X-ray and MRI came back negative for a cyst and my podiatrist just said maybe it's a fatty tissue mass and ordered another MRI.  I have been treated for this since March.  This is taking way too long. The pain has been unbearable and am at my wits end.

Description:

A little larger then a golf ball.
Has increased in size since I first noticed it.
Soft almost spongy, but seems to be getting firmer and more pain.
When I flex my foot it is hard as a rock.
It now seems to be changing color very lightly, almost blue.

I am proficient with google but am having a hard time coming up with any ideas of what this could be.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!