Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Burning sensation in right foot

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Burning sensation in right foot
I am a 19 year old male and in the past 2 weeks or so i have been experiencing a rather odd burning sensation under my right foot. After some research on the internet and stumbling upon this website i decided to post a question and ask; Is there a need for concern? Some of the topics talked about all apply mainly to people over 50 and obviously as a younger person i am slightly worried it could be leading to something slightly more serious than athletes foot or a fungal infection. Physically, there are no signs of cracks, swelling, warts, rednesses or rashes, or otherwise noticeable symptoms. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Mike.
burning sensations can result from nerve irriation.  if the symptoms do not improve, have this evaluated to see if there is a nerve compression that is causing this.
Well just so u know ur not the only one and ur not the youngest I am 20 years old and my little girl who is four has been recently complaining of a burning sensation in her right foot as well except hers was on the top of her foot infact it got so irritating that she woke me up at three in the morning to put cold water on her foot and give em a massage poor babe...
By the way my name is marissa