Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Daughter is in pain with big toe problem
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Daughter is in pain with big toe problem

Hi People,

Both my daughter and I go to Jazzercise three times a week. after about a month she start complaining about  a sore big toe, I felt the top of her trainers to feel her big toe right at the top, so I think its been banging against the top. I bought her new trainers after a argument I may add, she usually buys her own I give her the money.Alas Its still sore, When she presses down on the nail it hurts like hell. I took her to a foot doc (sorry can't spell the proper name) and they said that she had a bone spur and they have to remove her big toe nail. She can't stand anything on it like a sock or sometimes shoes and trainer. Question is can it be a bone spur? And if not what is causing it. And does anybody know what it is. There was no x ray taken to confirm a bone spur
Thanks for your time and for reading this

Lynn M