Dead Toenail 90% Detached
About a month ago, my husband came toward me to give me a kiss and accidentally kicked my middle left toenail upward (I was wearing flip flops).  It REALLY hurt and immediately started bleeding.  I thought I may be okay, and I've tried to be extra careful with it, but yesterday it got knocked again and is now almost completely detached, except for at the very base.  I thought I could just remove it and I'd be okay, but it really doesn't want to separate from the very bottom.  It doesn't hurt, but I know I have to do something with it or it'll get caught on something and rip badly (which WILL hurt).  Also, I leave for a 2-week trip for Spain in 3 days and want to make sure it's taken care of before I go, but I don't think I'll be able to get in to see a doctor that quickly.  So . . . any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks so much!!!
take a pair of scissors and cut off as much as you can.  apply a bandaid over it to prevent it from ripping off.  when you have time, go to a podiatrist to have it removed.