Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Foot help
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Foot help

I get bumps on my feet w/puss in them.  They are very itchy...........They seem to be worse when I wear boots or tennis shoes.  Any suggestions????????
Related Discussions
681547_tn?1227149574
sounds like you have a bad case of athlete's feet with a secondary staff infection.
i would apply a topical antifungal cream (eg: lamisil) twice daily to the lesions for 4 consecutive weeks.  you also should be soaking the feet in epson salt and water daily to help dry out the feet.  lastly, you need a prescription for an antibiotic to help with the infection (keflex).
i would go see a podiatrist to confirm my speculations.
keeping the feet dry is key.  however, you want to get evaluated to make sure that the lesions are not caused from contact dermatitis.
2 Comments
Blank
@ Yena H Do: What do you think about special cedar soles? Do these insoles (eg Zederna) also help? I read that the cedarsoles are very helpful against sweaty and smelly feet.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank