Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Foreign object in cast?

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Foreign object in cast?
I am just ending my 5th week in a cast after fracturing my ankle.  However, today I have noticed a sharp scratching/stinging sensation at the back of the cast on my heel.  When I move my ankle round inside the cast whatever it is that's scratching me also moves around.  Is it possible that something could have gotten into the cast......like an insect?  I know that probably sounds stupid but it wasn't there this morning!  Many thanks in advance.
the padding could be wearing down and you are actually feeling the hard cast material.
hopefully you'll be getting the cast changed soon!