Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Golfers Foot pain

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Golfers Foot pain

I am having pain in my left foot - Arch and heel are very painful. It started after playing golf with new golf shoes. I thought it might be the shoes and since have played with out them and still have the pain. I am flat footed and ware arch supports to minimize tiredness for walking all day. Day after I first felt the pain I had gone to my chiropractor for tightness in my lower and middle back. Since I have had this constant ach, and sharp pain in the heel. Chiropractor has never heard of anyone having foot pain after treatment. I have used cold packs to minimize some of the pain which has helped but until now I have never had any problems with my left foot.
I had not played much golf until lately, is it possible that playing golf is causing my foot pain? Can playing golf put pressure and twiting on my left foot to cause Achilles Tendonitis?
you have plantar fasciitis strain.  wear supportive orthotics or shoes at all times..even in the house.   ibuprofen at 800 mg in the AM and PM with food can help ease the pain, but don't take it for more than 1 week or it can upset your stomach.  when the pain starts to subside, start stretching your calf spending 5 minutes doing so in the AM and PM.  if the pain doesn't subside, you may need a cortisone injection.
I would lay off golfing until you are better.  or, use a golf cart so you aren't putting so much strain on the foot.  when people swing the golf club, they sometimes pronate the feet during the swing phase, which causes more strain on the fascia.  if the golf shoes don't offer much support, it can cause the bottom of the foot to strain more.