Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Heel Pain

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Heel Pain
About a month and a half ago, I got up in the morning with a sharp pain in my right heel.  Somedays it is tolerable and other days I am unable to stand and walk. I am 54 and in good health.  I had a bone density test done several months ago and no signs of arthritis or osteoporous.  Have had no injuries to the foot.  What could be causing this pain?
sounds like plantar fasciitis.  go to footscript.com...it is a great website which can tell you how to treat plantar fasciitis.
supportive shoes, calf stretches, and icing can do wonders.
There's a few things this could be. You could have a heel spur, planter fasciitis  or like me, you could have calcaneal bursitis, which is an inflamation in the bursa sac in your heel.
You will need to see a podiatrist to see what treatment and/or medication you may need. In my case, they've tried the steroid shot and medicine plus physical therapy. I sympathize. I know how you feel. I've been dealing with this for awhile. I guess it can take a long time to heal. I hope you find out what it is so you can get the proper treatment. Good luck!