Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Heel bone

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Heel bone
3 months ago I was operated - numerous heel bone fractures in the left foot (titanium plate was put to fix the heel), 2-part fractured heel bone in the right foot (fixed by screw)plus talus fracture and metetersal fracture.
2 weeks after operation I was recommemded to immobilize feet by wearing orthoses (day and night). The question is when I'm allowed to stand on my feet and try to walk with crutches?
I'm all in adrift - 3 doctors in Russia say 3 different opinions.
you should not walk until healing is noted.  usually 6-7 weeks.