Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Jones Fracture
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Jones Fracture

Let me start my saying I know this is only for my information.

About 6 weeks ago I had a DX of a Jones Fracture. Went back every 3 weeks and today was told that it is coming along, to wean myself off the aircast and if there is still pain come back and see me.

I told the Dr. that I teach, am on my feet all day, at the onset of this and was told to deal with it.

The question I have, or the statement I am going to make is that it looks like a second opinion may be in order. The side of the foot is still swollen and the pain comes and goes.

Disgusted over it, and more so since I need to be on my feet all day and the only response I got to that was let the pain be your guide, but your foot will stay swollen for as long as you are not off your feet.

Do I make any sense?