Lateral foot pain
For the past week and a half I have had pain in the lateral edge of my foot. It is an unlocalised ache right in the middle of the lateral edge (at the back of the third metatarsal, I think). The sensation is kind of like a bruise, but feels deeper. There doesn't appear to be much, if any swelling. The pain developed about a day after a long and fast walk with a heavy bag (rushing for a train), but there was no acute injury or sprain, and the pain has got somewhat worse since then. The pain is worst after a period of inactivity (walking is painful after getting up in the mornings and sitting for a long time), but tends to ease a bit after walking around.

Looking around on the internet, the symptoms seem to fit those of either ligament damage or cuboid subluxation. I'm going to see a podiatrist next week, but is there anything I can do in the meantime?
Reduce your activity, ice, and wear supportive shoes until you get x-rays to rule out fractures or tissue injuries.
Good luck!
A related discussion, Cuboid Syndrome youth soccer was started.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.