Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
MRI Results

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

MRI Results
I just received my MRI results and I don't understand them. PLS HELP ME.....

Findings: There is abnormal marrow signal in the navicular, medial and intermediate cuneiforms, base and proximal shaft's of the first and second metatarsal bones. Anterior and posterior tibiofibular, talofibular, calcaneofibular and deltiod ligaments are intact. Anterior extensor, long medial flexor and peroneal tendon  are intact. There is thickening and abnormal signalof the Achilles tendon with surrounding soft tissue swelling. There is a small joint effusion. Articular cartilage is relatively preserved. There is mild periarticular soft tissue edema.

Impression: ABNORMAL MARROW SIGNAL IN THE TARSAL AND METATARSAL BONES AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, WHICH MAY REPRESENT REACTIVE MARROW EDEMA OR MICROTRABECULAR INJURY. RECOMMEND CLINICAL CORRELATION. MODERATE TENDINOPATHY OF THE  ACHILLES TENDON. SMALL JOINT EFFUSION.
you have swelling/involvement of the middle of the foot.  probably have a strain to the foot.
there is thickening of the achilles tendon (which can occur from tendonitis)