Medial ankle Pain 7 weeks-post sprain

I am a 22 yr old male. I inverted my left foot playing basketball 7 weeks ago and I am still feeling a sharp pain on my medial side. I can walk pain free, but if i try to jog and/or run, there is a sharp, stabbing pain just anteroinferior to my medial malleolus when landing the foot down or upon forced dorsiflexion of the foot. Furthermore, if I stand on my tip toes, there is a slight medial protrusion of the navicular bone on my left foot.

Unfortunately I have not had time to get any X-rays or MRI because I have been busy with medical school, and now that I am still having pain 7 weeks post ankle sprain, I am worried this may be serious.

Thanks,
Andy
it sounds like you may have injure the navicular bone.  hopefully it is only the deltoid ligaments.
get that xray!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.