Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Medial foot bone pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Medial foot bone pain

Hello!
I played in a soccer game about 4 weeks ago and have had foot pain since then.  The first night after the game, I could barely walk.  My foot felt better with icing and rest, but within a week or two I had swelling a little in front of my ankle bone on the medial side.  The bone there also hurt to touch.  The swelling went away, but 4 weeks later, I still have pain when I touch the bone in front of the ankle bone.  I pressed the area accidentally on a wooden chair leg and had a wave of nausea roll over me.  My husband ran his finger over my foot and caused me to yelp in pain when he hit the tender spot.  It hurts to stand on my toes (which also makes it painful to drive my stick shift), and I'm generally in pain after a full day of teaching.  I had an x-ray the doc said it was clear.  I also had a bone scan and the doc said it looked okay.  She suggested the possibility of osteoarthritis.  My question is, do I believe her diagnosis or is there some other explanation for the bone pain?