Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Nerve Regeneration
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nerve Regeneration

I had ligament reconstruction in my ankle back in May. I was told there was nerve damage as i didnt have feeling in my 4th and 5th toe and along the side of my foot. I am now experiencing a lot of pain in the foot and ankle. I am wondering if this is possibly nerve regeneration and how long it will last.
Related Discussions
681547_tn?1227149574
Sounds like the lateral dorsal cutaneous and sural nerves were damaged during the procedure. The pain you are experiencing doesn't sound like nerve regeneration.  Nerve regeneration usually doesn't cause pain...maybe slight tingling sensations.  If the sural nerve was damaged, you could have intense pain.  I would start by ruling this out by getting a nerve conduction test and EMG.  I would speak to your physician regarding having this test ordered (usually done by a neurologist).  If the test returns negative, I would visit a podiatrist for a second opinion. You may also need an MRI to evaluate the ligaments and surrounding soft tissue.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank