Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Numb, tingling, burning feet

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Numb, tingling, burning feet

Hello I have for a few years had numb feet on the top of my foot from my ankle to my big toe and numb across the top of my foot above my toes, sometimes its numb then burning and tingling and when I stretch my toes to a point like a ballerina it feels like it is very stiff inside maybe a tendon or a nerve, Do you have any ideas please, I have been to my doctor asking for about 2 years and still no idea. Any suggestions?
Tags: feet
you have dorsal cutaneous nerves that course the areas you are describing.
if you wear heavy clogs like dansko shoes, this could worsen the problem everytime you walk and swing the leg.
if you sit alot for work, you could impinge the nerves.
i recommend taking vit B12 supplements, decrease alcohol intake, and get a nerve conduction study and EMG to rule out impingements.
I have also been experiencing numbness on top of one foot from big toe to top of arch - also hurts when I point toe like a ballerina.  Went to a podiatrist - said it could be from nerve damage (maybe dropped something on my foot) not much to do about it unless I go see a nerve doc which can cause more problems than it fixes & costs $$.  Good luck
I hav this problem in my left big toe only the tip of it leaning towards the right side  of it. This strtd about 3 days ago it is 9/14 today and after the day it started I drank achol n smoked witch is the not usual for me I also had to walk with wet shoes in the middle of the night so it was cold and I slept with my socks on from other things I read it heard gang green, diabetes,n nerve dmge could som1 tell me if they hav experienced this before and what it was ty