Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Painful spots on the bottom of foot

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Painful spots on the bottom of foot
I woke up this morning with an itchy spot on the bottom of my right root.  As the day progressed it turned into a red bump and is very painful.  About 5 hours later I got another one on the ball of the same foot so now I can barely walk.  I only wear athletic shoes with arch supports because I am on my feet all day at work.  What can this possibly be?  It really is painful.  Mindy
i would see a doctor to have this examined.  it could be the start of vessicular tinea pedis (athlete's feet), contact dermatitis, allergic reaction to chemicals, medication, etc.
OK, now this morning the whole heal of my foot is extremely sore and I cannot walk on it at all.  I had to line my shoe with several layers of padding (odor eaters that my husband bought and didn't use yet - but really needs to!) just to get to work.  I know I didn't get bit by anything or step on something to hurt it.  Should I go see a doctor?
A related discussion, painful callous with lighter spots was started.