Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Plantar Fibromatosis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Plantar Fibromatosis

I was diagnosed yesterday with Plantar Fibromatosis.  Both feet are affected, although the right is worse than the left.  I was told that surgery is the only cure but that it is an abosolute last resort.  I was told that I should deal with it until it is severely affecting my life (unable to handle pain or unable to walk).  

Is there anything that can help?  I read in one place that stretching helps, and someplace else it said that is the worst thing you can do.

Also - is the surgery really that severe that it should only be done when the condition becomes severely life altering?