Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Plantar fasciitis, gout, or both?

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Plantar fasciitis, gout, or both?
Earlier this year, I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, but I have also, in the past, been diagnosed with gout. I have varying degrees of pain in the bottoms of my feet, mostly from the heel forward.I rarely just have pain in my heels. I also , at times have severe pain, bad enough that I have to use a cane, in my ankles. This strikes without warning, usually in one ankle at a time, thankfully. Am I experiencing both ailments at the same time?
yes.  sounds like you are getting gout flare ups in the ankles and plantar fasciitis to the bottom of the feet.
calf stretches help with fasciitis pain.  cortisone injections can help the gout attacks.
also, speak to your doctor about medications to take such as colchicine, indomethicin, and allopurinol.
A related discussion, plantar fasciitis was started.