Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Severe Foot Pain

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Severe Foot Pain

I am 27yrs old and have had severe foot pain in my right foot for two years. I have had an MRI and many xrays and they still can't find wahts wrong. The pain goes down the outside of my right foot. It starts at the little toe and goes to the heel. At time the pain is so bad and can no longer stand on that foot. I wore the boot for about 4 weeks and seemed to help a little. He said it was to take the weight and pressure off my foot. I am a teacher and this maks it very hard to teach. My doc says I can't wear any other shoe but sneakers. I don't know what else to do. I'm ready to just give up. Any help would be great.
you need to get a nerve conduction study and EMG to see what is happening to the sural nerve.
there may be an impingement of the nerve which may require surgical release.