Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Skin discoloration on top of left foot and outer ankle

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

About 2 weeks ago I noticed this discoloration on my left foot and ankle.  The color is dark and kind of purple-ish.  It looks splotchy and it's not painful in any way.  I haven't had an ankle injury in years and that was a sprain.  I've been waiting it out to see it if will gradually go away, but it appears to be growing larger or spreading towards my baby toe and up my ankle.  Please help.
i would have this evaluated by a podiatrist.  it concerns me that it is spreading.
unfortunately, it is difficult for me to comment on this b/c i can't see it.  usually, this coloration is caused by an injury/bruising...oddly, you didn't experience one.