Sporadic pain in foot, tendon? ligament? or nerve?
It's been about 3 days now, that I have a shooting pain in my right foot directly under my ankle bone at times when I am walking. I have not injured it, I don't do sports nor have I twisted it on any uneven surfaces. I can rotate my ankle and feel a discomfort but the shooting pain occurs sporadically when I am walking.
it sounds like the nerve is irritated.
try wearing supportive shoes with orthotics.  ice the area and take an anti-inflammatory.  if the pain continues, get evaluated by a podiatrist.
There isn't any swelling either.
Thanks for your reply, the pain subsides as quickly as it comes, but I will try to put ice on it before going to bed and when I get up to see if it helps. I usually limp for a bit when the pain comes, then sit down and it goes away. I suppose anti-inflammatory pill is prescribed, correct? nothing over the counter?