Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Sural Nerve damage
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sural Nerve damage

8 months ago I went off of an icy curb and landed with my foot under me. I had swelling immediatley on the inside of my foot by the arch. I assumed I sprained it. I have had 2 MRI and a EMG and multiple X-rays taken. The only thing that shows is that I still have a heel contustion but nothing else. I constantly have a burning sensation down the outside of my right leg below the knee into the ankle and under foot. And it is worse when I walk for a long period of time. And sometimes it really annoys me when I try to sleep, just can't get comfortable. I am currently taking gabapentin and have Lidocan patches, I also had a nerve block done which worked wonders. The doctor believes it is Sural Nerve damage caused from the inversion of my right ankle. I am just wondering on how long this will actually take to heal, or is this an ongoing situation? I currently wear an ankle gauntlet to support heel when I walk, which tends to put pressure on the outside of my ankle.