Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Swollen left foot

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Swollen left foot

I was diagnosed with sacralization of the lower lumbar part of my spine as I understood it...now I have a painful and swollen left foot just out of the blue..could itr be related?
the joint degeneration in the spine may cause inflammation to the back but not likely enough to make the foot swollen.
if you had history of high impact activities or injuries, get an xray to rule out fractures.
if the foot and leg are swollen, you may have venous stasis (incompetant valves in the veins that prevent allow fluid to drain back down to the feet).  
in the meantime, elevate the foot and apply an ace bandage: wrapping from the base of the toes and overlapping and going up towards the ankle.